AGENDA – 3/24/2012
– Opening Remarks – Jamie Cesaretti, MD, Alan Forbes, MD,PhD and Shyam Paryani, MD,MD,MHA. and
Mitchell Terk, MD.
- 8:10am – Screening for Prostate Cancer
– Waleed Hassen, MD, Chair Dept of Urology, Tawam Hospital, Dubai, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
- 8:30am – Biopsy Techniques and Prostate Mapping – Nelson
Stone, MD, Professor of Urology and Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY.
- 8:50am – Risk Stratification for Prostate Cancer – Brandt
Fulmer, MD, Urology, Pensacola, Florida.
- 9:10am – Treatment
Options for Prostate Cancer – Luis Campos-Pinheiro, MD, PhD, Chair, Dept of Urology, Hospital de Curry
Cabral, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 9:30am – Panel Discussion
- Drs Hassen, Stone, Fulmer, Campos-Pinheiro; Moderator Abraham Woods, M.D., Urologist Orlando, Florida.
- 9:50am – Robotic Prostatectomy – Edouard Trabulsi, MD, Associate
Professor of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University.
– The Seattle Experience, 20 years and going strong – John Sylvester, MD, Director of Radiation Oncology,
Lakewood Ranch Cancer Center, Florida.
- 10:30am – High
Risk Prostate Cancer and Androgen Deprivation, an Update – Richard Stock, MD, Professor of Radiation Oncology,
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY.
- 10:50am –
Long-Term FROG Prostate Cancer Outcomes – Mitchell Terk, MD, Director of the Florida Centers for Prostate
Care, Florida Radiation Oncology Group, Jacksonville, Florida.
– Modern Radiotherapy, IMRT/IGRT for Prostate Cancer – Jamie Cesaretti, MD, Director of the Tampa
Bay Cancer Centers, Florida Radiation Oncology Group, Tampa, Florida.
– Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer – Carlos Vargas, MD, Director of the Riverside Cancer Center,
- 11:35am – High Dose Rate Brachytherapy
– Alam Nisar Syed, MD, Professor of Radiation Oncology, University of California at Irvine.
- 11:45am – Panel Discussion – Drs. Trabulsi, Sylvester, Stock, Terk, Cesaretti,
Syed and Vargas; Moderator Ravi Jahagirdar, M.D, Urologist, Orlando, Florida.
– LUNCH – Please return immediately after lunch pick-up for a Seminar on the Business of Medicine Panel
Discussion with Dr. Shyam Paryani, Jeff Goffman, CEO ION Partners and Alan Forbes, MD, Director of the Winter Park Cancer
Center, Orlando, Florida
- 12:50pm – Prostate cancer in
the Middle East and North Africa – Waleed Hassen, MD.
– Prostate Cancer, A European Approach – Luis Campos-Pinheiro, MD,PhD.
- 1:40pm – Prostate Cancer, A Community Approach – Brandt Fulmer, MD
- 2:00pm – Winter Park Cancer Center, a Multi-disciplinary Center
– Alan Forbes, MD
- 2:20pm – Panel Discussion
– Drs. Hassen, Campos-Pinheiro, Fulmer and Forbes; Moderator Jamie Cesaretti, MD.
– Metabolic Syndrome and Androgen Deprivation – Nelson Stone, MD.
- Adjuvant and Salvage Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer – Edouard Trabulsi, MD
- 3:20pm – Chemotherapy for Prostate Cancer – Scott Tagawa, MD, Medical Director,
Genitourinary Oncology Research Program, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York,
- 3:40pm – Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer
– Vahan Kassabian, MD, Research Director, Georgia Urology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Personalized Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer – Richard Stock, MD.
– Panel Discussion – Dr. Stone, Trabulsi, Tagawa, Kassabian, Stock; Moderator Alan Forbes, MD and Mitchell
- 4:30pm – Reception in Room 3.